Multi-stakeholder Partnership Dialogues
The sustainable development of small island developing States through genuine and durable partnershipsThe SIDS Conference will include six multi-stakeholder Partnership Dialogues, held in parallel with the plenary meetings (Monday 1 September 2014, PM to Thursday 4 Sep 2014, AM), and are expected to provide, inter alia, an opportunity for:
- Recognizing successful partnerships and initiatives
- Launching innovative and concrete partnerships and initiatives
- Interactive and focused discussions
The outcomes of the multi-stakeholder partnership dialogues will be reported to the closing plenary meeting of the Conference and included in the final report of the Conference.
Register Partnerships NowInterested in presenting a Partnership at one of the Partnership Dialogues? Register SIDS specific partnerships now for consideration to be part of the Partnership Dialogues. Deadline 30 July 2014.
- Register SIDS specific Partnerships here
- Already have Partnership registered in the SIDS Partnerships Platform? Kindly inform the Secretariat if you are interested to present your partnership at one of the Partnership Dialogues.
- Note verbale from Permanent Mission of Samoa to United Nations
Priority areasThe multi-stakeholder partnership dialogues will be clustered by the following priority areas:
- Sustainable Economic Development
- Climate change & Disaster Risk management
- Social development in SIDS, Health and NCDs, youth and women
- Sustainable energy
- Oceans, Seas and Biodiversity
- Water and Sanitation, Food Security and Waste Management
SIDS Partnerships BriefsThe SIDS 2014 Partnerships Briefs have been prepared by the Division for Sustainable Development (UN-DESA) in consultation with the UN System through the Executive Committee on Economic and Social Affairs (ECESA Plus), with the intent to contribute to the preparations leading up to the Partnership Dialogues.