Multi-stakeholder Partnership Dialogue
When and where
- When: Wed, 3 September 2014, 3 PM - 6 PM
- Where: Savaii Partnerships Hall, Apia, Samoa
- Participation: Open for all accredited participants to the SIDS Conference
Stakeholders wishing to participate in the interactive dialogue of the multi-stakeholder Partnership Dialogue in Samoa are requested to register its SIDS specific partnership, following the outlined criteria, in the SIDS 2014 Partnerships Platform.
All attending participants are encouraged to coordinate with the SIDS Conference Secretariat (click for contact form)
ahead of time so relevant information can be showcased at the session, if an intervention on launching/reviewing
a partnership is expected.
Oceans, seas and biodiversity
The session will focus on partnerships related to "Oceans, Seas and Biodiversity" and its interrelated and complementary issues, so as to bring out the economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainable development, as well as cross-cutting issues, such as the enabling factors of financing, capacity building, technology transfer, technical cooperation and institutional development.
The session will address challenges, threats and opportunities in this thematic cluster. In considering the response to these challenges through partnerships, the session will focus both on the sustainable development of the ocean economy as well as on the ecosystem services provided by oceans and seas and on means to protect marine and terrestrial biodiversity.
The interactive discussion will be guided by the following questions:
More information in the Concept Note.
- Oceans and seas provide vast opportunities and are key drivers for economic development in Small Island Developing States. How do we best enhance ocean related economic activities?
- What types of partnerships are most effective in achieving optimal and sustainable development of ocean related economic activities?